Potato and Veggie Pancakes
Aditi Mammen GuptaFood Product Formulator & Food Content Creator
1 min read
- Finely grated large potatoes: 2
- Finely grated large carrots: 3
- Finely chopped green onions: 6
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped: 2tbsp
- Toned milk: ¼ cup
- Eggs lightly beaten: 2
- Besan (Chickpea Flour): 3tbsp
- Maida (All-purpose flour): 3tbsp
- Finely chopped green chillies: 2 (Optional)
- Ground cumin: 1tsp
- Salt: 1tsp
- Black pepper: 1/4tsp
- Garam masala: 1tsp
- Greek yoghurt or sour cream: 2 cups
Step 1 :
Rinse grated potatoes in cold water, squeeze out as much liquid as possible & pat dry. Combine all veggies (potatoes, carrots, green onions, coriander leaves and green chillies).
Step 2 :
Add salt, pepper, ground cumin, garam masala in the given quantities & mix well. Add milk and lightly beaten egg to the mixture and mix well.
Step 3 :
Now, add the besan and maida to the given quantities and mix thoroughly. The mixture will be slightly runny but once cooked, the pancakes will come out nice and crispy.
Drop 2 tablespoons of mixture for each pancake into a large, lightly greased, non-stick frying pan & cook over medium heat for about 5 min on each side or until golden brown & carrot is tender. Repeat the cooking process for the remainder of the mixture. Microwave for a minute to reheat before serving. Serve with ½ cup of sour cream or plain greek yoghurt.