1 min read
6 to 8
- 1 Medium Size Pomelo (cut into chunks)
- 1 Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Carrot (finely julienned)
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leaves (finely julienned)
- 3 Tbsp Lemongrass (use only the bottom half; finely chopped)
- ¼ Cup Mint Leaves
- ¼ Cup Coriander
- ¼ Cup Celery (finely chopped)
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Coconut (roasted to golden brown)
- ¼ Cup Roasted Peanuts (lightly ground)
- ¼ Cup Jaggery (grated)
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice
- 2 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
- 1 Bird’s Eye Chili (add more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Fried Onions
- Salt (to taste)
Step 1 :
To prepare the salad dressing , in a mortar add in jaggery, lime juice, and bird’s eye chili. Using the pestle grind the ingredients. Once the ingredients have been ground add soya sauce. You can use this dressing for fruit-based recipes as well.
Step 2 :
Take a mixing bowl and add in the pomelo, carrots, lemongrass, onions, kaffir lime leaves, celery and toasted coconut. Mix the ingredients, pour the dressing over and toss well.
Step 3 :
Garnish the salad with mint leaves, peanuts and fried onions. Prepare your salad 20-30 minutes before serving as the flavours are enhanced when set aside. Add the garnish right before serving.
Inspired by curious creativity and tantalising flavours, Natasha Mehta brings wholesome culinary delights to life.