Bliss Balls: The Follicular Phase (1-14 Days Of Menstrual Cycle)
Shweta ShahNutritionist & Cofounder of Eatfit247
3 min read
Flax seeds: 1 cup
Pumpkin seeds: 1 cup
Organic almond butter or peanut butter: 1/2 cup
Chia seeds: 2 tbsp
Date syrup: 2 tbsp
Dairy-free milk: 1/4 cup
Step 1 :
In a pan, slowly roast the seeds until they release their natural oils. Wait for them to cool down and grind them into a fine powder.
Step 2 :
In a mixing bowl, add the seed powder and the rest of the ingredients.
Step 3 :
Mix everything well and roll the mixture into 14 – 15 equally-sized balls like ladoos. Eat this delicious treat as suggested (one per day).
These Seed Cycling remedies help reduce health concerns like; PMS, PCOS, hot flashes, ovarian cysts and endometriosis when taken with a combination of Bliss Ladoos and help you deal with menopausal symptoms.
Note: Please do consult your nutritionist or physician before trying these remedies.
Rich in omega-3. Flaxseeds can help in regulating UR blood pressure, reduce triglycerides and slow down plaque formation in the arteries.
High in lignans – a plant compound that is filled with antioxidants and estrogen properties. These properties help reduce cancer risk and improve UR health.
Flaxseeds are a great source of plant protein. Including them in UR diet can help boost UR immune system, lower cholesterol and have antifungal properties too!
Diets rich in pumpkin seeds are related to a lower incidence of stomach, breast, back, prostate and colon cancers. Research suggests consuming them in postmenopausal women was correlated with lower breast cancer incidence. Some research indicates that lignans in pumpkin seeds can play a vital role in the prevention and treatment of breast cancer.
Pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of dietary fibre. A diet high in fibre can promote healthy digestion. A decreased incidence of heart failure, type 2 diabetes, and obesity is correlated with high-fibre foods.
Chia seeds are unprocessed whole-grain foods. These tiny looking black and white seeds are concentrated sources of energy that can be directly absorbed by the body. Due to its unique flavour, there are multiple ways by which these seeds can be included in your diet.
- These tiny seeds are abundant sources of multiple nutrients ranging from fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium, manganese, etc.
- Chia seeds contain high fibre content that provides satiety. It helps to lower caloric intake. It also aids in improving the digestive system by promoting gut health.
- Studies show that chia seeds may be beneficial in lowering high blood pressure as well. Thereby, they indirectly reduce heart disease risk.
- Regular consumption of chia seeds might also help improve UR bone health. The nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and protein in them take care of bone health.
- Chia seeds are proven to regulate blood sugar levels by improving insulin sensitivity. Any abrupt spikes in sugars can be avoided, and sugar levels can be stabilised.
- Due to their ability to absorb liquids, chia seeds are used as a thickening agent and can thus be used as a vegetarian substitute for eggs in baked foods.
The high magnesium content in all the seeds helps in regulating healthy sleep. Magnesium helps release of gamma-Aminobutyric acid(GABA). GABA relaxes our nervous system which helps in inducing sleep.
Packed with protein
Flaxseeds provide you with proteins like amino acids arginine, glutamic acid and aspartic acid. These compounds have shown significant results in lowering cholesterol levels, improving cardiac health, cancer prevention and suppresses tumour growths, just to name a few.
Controls blood sugar levels
The amount of fibre present in the seeds slows the digestion process, which helps in reducing sudden spikes in blood sugar levels.