Happiness is internal, it is contentment from within. Here are a few ways you can get high with happiness—some things to ask yourself and others to ponder about. To begin, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I a happy person
- When was the last time I was happy
- What makes me happy
- Can I forecast my happiness
- What are the three most important things that can make me happy
- Do I wake up happy every morning
- What affects my levels of happiness
- Can I be happy if I get rich
Being happy can impact your health as well. It can also give you a sense of wellbeing and purpose. Here are a few ways how:
- Happiness promotes a good lifestyle.
- Happy people eat greater servings of fruits and vegetables in a day.
- People who are happy engage in activities such as exercise and yoga regularly.
- Studies find that being happy may help keep the immune system robust.
- Happiness even fights stress. The levels of cortisol, the body’s stress hormone, drop when people are happy.
- Happiness may also help to decrease blood pressure which promotes a healthy heart.
- Happiness may help reduce pain in health conditions such as arthritis.
Happiness is the choice that we make. Here is how you can boost your happiness quotient:
- Eat healthy to boost your chances of being happy.
- Practice regular meditation. It will give you peace and calm.
- Practicing positive thinking. Optimism nurtures happiness.
- Get adequate sleep. It has a positive impact on your happiness levels.
- Get a proper understanding of what makes you feel happy and high.
- Do aerobic exercises. It has been found to promote happiness levels.
- Convey your gratitude.
- Count your blessings.