Christmas eve is the time of the year when UR spirits are high, U spend time with your family and give selflessly. It is also the time when people celebrate warmth of humanity in the cold winter evenings. This week kindles memories of hot eggnogs, supple plum cakes and carved turkies. U may often over-indulge in these lip-smacking delicacies and lose track of UR health goals. But, fret not. U can enjoy the Christmas vibe without compromising on UR calories.
Christmas is about being happy. And, spreading this happiness to our local communities brings back more happiness. Take a step and support local farmers by buying their fresh produce. It is more environment friendly, socially just and also healthy. These local sourced ingredients are also pocket friendly.
While Christmas rekindles UR festive emotions, U have to remember that the fight against COVID-19 is still not over. U have to keep reminding URself to stay safe, practice social distancing, and most importantly eat healthy, immunity boosting foods. The recipes, mentioned below, follow this golden rule of imbibing immunity into festive spreads.
While Christmas rekindles UR festive emotions, U have to remember that the fight against COVID-19 is still not over. U have to keep reminding URself to stay safe, practice social distancing, and most importantly eat healthy, immunity boosting foods.
We present U six unique recipes which are budget friendly, locally sourced, immunity boosting and healthy.
- French Onion Soup with Lentil Crisp: At 243 Kcal, this meal is as balanced as it is tasty. It consists of ingredients like Onions and garlic which have many medicinal benefits. The dish is also a very good source of vegan protein from lentils.
- Sweet Potato in Barnyard Millet Cake: Barnyard millets are an excellent source of micro-nutrients and fiber. On the other hand, sweet potatoes are rich in anti-oxidants, and contains vitamins such as A, C and B6. These make a rich, tasty combination.
- Braised Chicken with Spinach and Cauliflower Mash: This succulent chicken recipe is a lean meat dish with helps lose weight and also works as as a stress reliever. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K and cauliflower is rich in potassium, folate and sulphoraphane.
- Chickpea and Winter Vegetable Brown Sonamasoori Risotto: Containing lot of seasonal vegetables, this winter dish offers all the essentials for getting through the cold weather. Brown rice risotto is a rich source of phenols & flavonoids, and gives a satiated feeling for long.
- Apple Spice Cake: This delicious dessert is a flavourful combination of warm spices and sweet apple. Apple is immunity booster. It has high fiber content. On the other hand, cinnamon is anti-inflammatory and prebiotic.
- Guava Tamarind Delight: Made from locally sourced raw tamarind and guava, this delight is amazingly rich in vitamin C, potassium, phosphorus and fiber. It helps in reducing the risk of heart disease, constipation, and helps lose weight.