Physiotherapists are health practitioners who help in assessing and treating broad range of physical conditions. They often use physical and electro physical techniques to treat the problem from the root cause. They plan and provide long term care instead of just mitigating the pain or problem. There are many benefits of consulting a physiotherapist. They minimize damage and give an overall, wellness support for the person.
The role of Physiotherapists post COVID-19 has increased considering the mounting needs of COVID patients. Today, a lot of recovered patients still suffer from problems such as fatigue, increased heart rate, heavy breathing, muscle pain and stress induced headaches. Physiotherapists, here, play an important role in improving the lung function. They suggest exercises and physical training to improve the supply of oxygen. Also, physiotherapists train patients to improve mobility and endurance post COVID. Here are some of the important points U must keep in mind.
- The activities in physiotherapy differ from patient to patient. It is advisable to carry out all the trainings under the supervision of health expert.
- Check UR oxygen saturation levels and heartbeat after U exercise. If the levels are abnormal, consult the doctor.
- It is not advisable to practice physiotherapy by just watching online videos.
- Start physiotherapy by doing basic exercises.
- Don’t rush to speed up the duration of exercises.
- Don’t get anxious to get cured fast. The improvement in condition is often measured week by week.
Check UR oxygen saturation levels and heartbeat after U exercise. If the levels are abnormal, consult the doctor.
Here are some basic exercises U can do
- Place both UR hands on the upper walls of UR chest. Breathe-in gently through the nose and breathe-out through the mouth. Repeat it for 5 times.
- Place both UR hands at the sides of UR chest wall. Breathe in through the nose and breathe out through the mouth.
- Gently breathe-in and breathe-out. Space out the breathing process until the count of 3 in UR mind. Re-breathe gently. It improves the capacity of UR lungs.
- Inhale and raise one hand up. Exhale and bring the hand down. Do this with both the hands alternatively. U can do this exercise with both hands together once U are comfortable.
- Inhale and take both UR hands up to join. Exhale and bring hands down.
- Inhale and bend UR elbows to hold the shoulders. Exhale and straighten them back.
- Move UR wrists up and down. Do it for 5 times.
- Rotate UR wrists for 5 times.
- Open and close UR fingers 10 times.
- Straighten one leg in the air, hold it up till the count of 5, and then lower the leg. Repeat with alternate legs.