1. Know why and when you have hungry pangs
Eating at night can be triggered by habit or boredom. It becomes a habit as we tend to use food as a tool to deal with our feelings like sorrow, anxiety, rage, or frustration. These feelings are symptoms of depression and sleeping difficulties, which can also lead to obesity and obesity-related issues.
2. Plan UR meals
Planning UR meals and eating healthy snacks decreases UR cravings, avoids distractions and keeps your hunger at bay.
Anxiety and stress trigger us to binge eat as a solution to our negative emotions. Research states that relaxation techniques like breathing exercises, meditation, hot baths, yoga, or stretching can help you control these trigger points.
4. Eat regularly
When hungry, we are likely to make bad food decisions and swallow high-fat, high-sugar junk foods. Eating regularly as per the suggestion of UR nutritionist manages your appetite.
5. Keep junk food away
If you can’t see it, you can’t eat it! Replacing junk food with foods like fruits, berries, simple yoghurt and cottage cheese helps you stay healthy and promotes sleep.
All-Time Favourite Midnight Snacks
1. Milk & whole-grain cereals (cornflakes, oatmeal or bran flakes) keep you full and induces sleep. Make sure that the whole-grain cereals are in their original form and not sugar coated or flavoured.
2. Apple or banana elevate mood with its natural content of sugar and keeps you satiated.
3. Almonds, walnuts and pistachios regulate the sleep/wake cycle of our body. Eating a handful of these nuts will put you right to sleep.
4. Turmeric milk or buttermilk are great substitutes for sugary drinks like cola and sugary drinks. Drinking a glass of turmeric milk or buttermilk helps you stay full and slashes the chances of midnight binges.
Healthy Options For Sweet Cravings
Healthy Options For Savoury Cravings
Join the wellness movement!
Get personalized and curated wellness content on URLife.co.in
Eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and a small amount of unsaturated fats, meat and dairy will help you manage UR weight. Eating a good variety of these foods every day leaves less room for foods that are high in fat and sugar - a leading cause of weight gain.