Everyone desires to have beautiful and radiant skin throughout the year, I mean, who doesn’t? But the sad part is that not everyone is born with flawless skin we all yearn for. Self-care takes time, patience and a lot of tests and trials until we find what works for our skin and soul. I’m sure we all can agree that we’ve all exhausted our savings and product trials to the max. But, have you tried something different from what you were doing all along? How about taking an organic and holistic approach to nip UR skin concerns in the bud!
The Ayurvedic Approach
Well, according to Ayurveda, all the three Doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) are involved either solely or work in combination when there are different skin or health conditions at play. What’s the connection between skin and dosha you ask? We find many people saying that their skin is extremely sensitive or oily and they just can’t use any product right off the shelf because it just didn’t work in the past or will in the future.
The Ayurvedic Doshas also help define what works for sensitive, dry & oily skin types by using natural remedies. This can work wonders when you know which dosha UR skin belongs to. If you don’t know which dosha then you can try taking our dosha quiz and know more about UR Prakriti, it’s skin characteristics and much more! Though every person has a unique blueprint, each dosha requires different treatment and attention. So, scroll down to know the ancient royal remedies for UR skin according to UR dosha!
What Happens When UR Dosha’s Are Imbalanced?
When your mind and body are in balance, it is much easier to make both of them feel better, and not just one or the other.
There are three primary doshic states:
- Balanced: All three doshas are present in their natural proportion
- Aggravated: A particular dosha is in excess
- Decreased: A particular dosha is depleted
Have you ever found that you can instinctively crave something green after a day of consuming too many sweets? That is UR body trying to balance itself naturally. If you find that you now feel sick after eating the same junky foods you used to consume without any issues all the time, then that’s a sign that you’re body is in balance; and it is trying to subconsciously ignore the foods that will throw you off balance. There are many foods and lifestyle choices, which can easily compromise UR dosha balance. This can affect any individual in many ways starting from skin concerns to serious health concerns, which is why it is even more important to know UR dosha.
Anyone who falls under the Vata Prakriti usually has soft & delicate skin with a glow. Vata people may often have dry skin. When Vata dosha goes out of balance, then you may face skin problems like dark spots, tiny pores, premature fine lines & wrinkles. You may also have dark under-eye circles. Here is a remedy to moisture UR skin and to add a natural glow.
DIY Facepack For Vata
Ripe banana: 1
Honey: 1 tsp
Fresh lemon juice: 1 tsp
1. Place the ripe banana in a small mixing bowl and mash it with a fork until you have a lump-free paste. Then mix in the honey and lemon juice and combine all ingredients thoroughly.
2. Wash UR face with a gentle cleanser and pat it dry with a soft towel. Using clean fingers, rub the mask into your face. Apply the mask in a slightly thick layer and keep it on for 10 to 15 minutes so that it can soak in.
3. When the time is up, wash your face with warm water and do not use soap. And voilà! Be amazed at UR glowing and radiant skin.
Skin Tips For Vata
Use gentle cleansers, so you don’t over-dry or strip UR skin of natural oils.
Moisturize UR face immediately after cleansing to keep UR skin hydrated and moisturized.
Eat more warm and moist foods like; soups, fruits, sautéed veggies, rice and caffeine-free tea.
Improve UR regular sleep patterns/cycle. Try to go to bed at the same time each night, and try a before-bed routine that helps you relax.
Lightly cook UR veggies to make them moist. Avoid too many raw veggies, as they contribute to dryness of skin and slow down UR digestion. The Vata Prakriti already tends to have a slow metabolism, so you want to speed it up, rather than slow things down.
to heal URLife
- Expert advice
- Live classes
- Covid 19 care
English 11-11.30 am | Hindi 12-12.30 pm | Telugu 6-6.30 pm
Skin Tips For Vata
- Use gentle cleansers, so you don’t over-dry or strip UR skin of natural oils.
- Moisturize UR face immediately after cleansing to keep UR skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Eat more warm and moist foods like; soups, fruits, sautéed veggies, rice and caffeine-free tea.
- Improve UR regular sleep patterns/cycle. Try to go to bed at the same time each night, and try a before-bed routine that helps you relax.
- Lightly cook UR veggies to make them moist. Avoid too many raw veggies, as they contribute to dryness of skin and slow down UR digestion. The Vata Prakriti already tends to have a slow metabolism, so you want to speed it up, rather than slow things down.