Do you or someone you may know have irregular periods frequently and is looking for a natural remedy rather than turning to allopathy? Then, I have some news for you. A nutrition practice named seed cycling has been rediscovered and is working its wonders in helping women help balance their hormone levels, manage and cure their hormonal side-effects.
Seed cycling is a naturopathic method to maintain a healthy menstrual cycle. It is believed to balance hormones, boost fertility, and ease symptoms of menopause using the nutrients found in seeds. Seed cycling can help to alleviate present-day problems like PMS, fertility issues, reduce pain from conditions like ovarian cysts, endometriosis, PCOS, and regulate irregular cycles. It can be useful for women who are menstruating, pre-menopause, postpartum, and post-menopause.
Due to the lifestyle changes, women across the globe are suffering from conditions like PCOD, PCOS or infertility. Seed cycling is rediscovered as it provides nutrition to the body and has negligent side effects, all while aiding menstrual health. It is becoming a popular method as it is delivering promising results. It is working wonders under the wings of a certified nutritionist in the health, wellness and fitness industry.
The thought behind seed cycling is that particular type of seeds, for example; pumpkin, flax, and chia can help manage estrogen levels, progesterone and different essential hormones in UR body. Synchronizing your utilization of mixed seeds with your menstrual cycle can purportedly alleviate hormone-related symptoms, for example, PMS, PCOS, irregular periods, hot flashes, and by and significant increment your level of prosperity. Some even claim that seed cycling can help you solve problems related to pregnancy.
Seed cycling helps balance hormones. It is done in two stages.
Stage 1: The first 13-14 days of your menstrual cycle is all about regulating the estrogen hormone. It is termed as the follicular phase.
Stage 2: In the second half of the menstrual cycle, the seeds tend to regulate the progesterone hormone. This phase is termed as the luteal stage.
The most common method for seed cycling is to eat 1 tablespoon each of freshly grounded flaxseed and pumpkin seeds per day during the follicular phase. For the luteal phase, seed cyclers eat 1 tablespoon each of ground sunflower and sesame seeds every day until the first day of their next period.
• Though science is unable to prove its effects as they are taken in two stages, seed cyclers share their testimony that it provides many health benefits.
• Regulates menstrual cycle by establishing a hormonal rhythm between estrogen and progesterone.
• Reduces skin acne, and improves the health of the skin.
• Stunts and suppress the growth of cysts resulting in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
• Apart from the above, it is proven beneficial to people dealing with infertility, menopause, hot flashes, night sweats, fatigue, and mood swings
• It also helps you to improve thyroid hormone levels, hair health, weight loss, and water retention.
• Taking flax, pumpkin, sunflower and sesame seeds as a part of your diet is a really fantastic way to achieve good health as all four seeds are rich in fibre, manganese, magnesium, copper, thiamine, vitamin E, and healthy fats. These nutrients are vital to maintaining good health.
• These seeds may help you to reduce heart disease risk factors, such as high cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
• The Combination of flax, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds seem to protect against breast cancer.
Seed cycling takes a few cycles (3-4 months) to start feeling changes. Seed cycling isn’t a short-term fix or meant to cure severe health or hormonal conditions. However, it is an incredible yet delicate and healthy approach to help your hormones and control your cycle. We recommend keeping a track your symptoms through the cycle so you can look back to see impacts over time.
• Always grind your seeds as whole seeds are not digestible by the body. Grinding them ensure the maximum absorption of nutrients.
• Keep track of your symptoms before and after seed cycling for comparison.
• If any of the ingredients are causing you discomfort, do consult your physician.
• Take a balanced and healthy diet
• Exercise regularly
Willing to get on board with seed cycling? We suggest the recipe of “Bliss Balls” for phase one and “Bliss Ladoos” for phase two of seed cycling.
• Pumpkin seeds contain antioxidants that fight inflammation like carotenoids and vitamin E.
• Pumpkin seeds may help to a reduced risk of stomach, breast, lung, prostate and colon cancers
• Improve Prostate and Bladder Health
• High source of magnesium
• Improve Heart Health
• Pumpkin seeds are high in zinc mineral, so they can boost the quality of sperms.
• Might to make your sleep better.
Sunflower seeds have an exceptionally high concentration of vitamin E and selenium. These compounds protect the cells of your body from free radical damage and protect you from several chronic diseases.
Vitamin B1 (thiamine extract) and electrolytes in sunflower seeds can provide vast quantities of energy in the body to keep it agile and active. The magnesium content in the seeds helps push toxins out of our body and detox naturally.
Contain high methionine and cysteine compounds that help with muscle and tissue growth in the body. Compounds like lignans, vitamin E and other antioxidants in sesame seeds can prevent plaque build-up in the arteries and protect you from fluctuating blood pressure.